The Carved Brick House was a dilapidated 1920’s property. The refurbishment retains much of the buildings original features while enhancing its existing vernacular, by creating large open plan well-lit contemporary spaces. The project comprises a single storey rear and side extension along with a two storey side infill extension, loft conversion and internal refurbishment.
The ground floor includes an open plan kitchen, dining and multiple reception areas along with a grand entrance hall and separate lounge area. This floor benefits from a fully glazed rear sliding door screen which when open, links seamlessly to the garden. The roof-lights flood natural light into the deeper sections of the floorplate. The architectural language combines old and new creating exciting, dynamic modern living spaces.
Internally the new open plan rear section of the house is flooded with natural light and also links seamlessly to the garden. The three brick piers provide visual separation between each of the spaces while at the same time allowing them to flow into each other.